Saturday, April 17, 2010

In the Beginning...

As every Frat-boy and Irishman (and yes the latter parts of those names ARE appropriate) knows in the beginning god made beer (or the other-way-around depending on who you ask). But in this beginning there is no beer, not yet. But that's not the point. The point is that I have always liked to create. I fancy myself as a mediocre artist, an even more mediocre carpenter, and on down through the levels of declining proficiency though bicycle repairman, electrical engineer (yeah right), mechanic, gardener and so on. That may, in fact, be my problem: that I like to create or fix or do...everything I can figure out the basics of HOW to do it. Too many pots on the proverbial stove. Often I get some help, either from the hive-mind of my generation (the internet) or from the time tested and progress approved method of seeking knowledge from my Elders and Betters, and this instance will be no different. I have few in the elders-and-betters category in my direct access so I will be relying more heavily on the "system of tubes" and my closest allies: Trial and Error. If you have come to this in search of knowledge and experience, you will find little here, but hopefully that will change in time; and THAT is what this is about. The slow, tedious and I expect often painfully blundering adventure into the ancient art of beer (and perhaps wine) making. What I do figure & find out I will pass along to whomever reads this and there should be more than a few laughs along the way. So if you are keen follow along in your books as I start down this path, and please ANY advice is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment